Chiropractic for Sports Injuries
If you are a serious athlete or just a “weekend warrior” you probably are going to get injured at some point.
Your treatment options through traditional medicine are often very limited. If your injury does not need surgery, you are given medication, physical therapy and rehabilitation exercises until your body heals itself to the best of its ability. Often, your body doesn’t have the ability to heal itself back to the way it was before. This is why athletes suffer from poor performance after injuries and sometimes are forced into retirement early. But, it doesn’t have to be that way. You can heal faster and better than most doctors would have you believe. If you have been treated with drugs, surgery or physical therapy you need to ask yourself some questions.
- Can I get back to my sport faster than I have been told ?
- Is there more that can be done to get me healthy ?
- Why do I keep getting injured over and over again ?
- Can the injury be healed back to the way it was before, or better ?
- Can my performance level meet or exceed what it was before the injury ?
- Is there a way to get my injuries addressed without drugs ?
- Can you test shoes, equipment and supports to see if they are helping me perform at my maximum ?
- Are there better ways to prevent this from happening again ?
- The doctors told me I can’t play anymore, is there a way I still could ?
A certified ABC method chiropractor is the only professional qualified to get you a “yes” answer to all these questions and get you the help you really need. When you are ready to make an appointment for treatment, or a FREE Sports Injury and Performance Evaluation call Pat or Jennifer at 262-293-3790. The phone is answered 24/7 for your convenience.
When ABC method chiropractic is combined with a method called Myofascial Disruption Technique, that helps speed the healing of muscles tendons and ligaments, the results are incredible. You can get back in action faster than you might think. Here are the healing times for some common conditions.
|Injury||Average Number of Treatments||Average Time to Full Healing*|
|Achilles Tendonitis||1 – 5||3 – 14 days|
|1 – 2|
3 – 4
3 – 4
|1 – 7 days|
7 – 10 days
7 – 14 days
|Bicep Pull||1 – 2||1 – 5 days|
|Calf Pull||1 – 2||1 – 5 days|
|Foot Sprain||1 – 2||1 – 2 days|
|Golfer’s Elbow||2 – 5||1 – 7 days|
|Groin Pull||1 – 3||1 – 3 days|
|Hand/Finger Sprain||1 – 3||1 – 5 days|
|Hamstring Pull||1 – 3||1 – 3 days|
|Herniated Disc||2 – 10||1 – 3 weeks|
|High Ankle Sprain||3 – 5||5 – 14 days|
|Hip Flexor Strain||1 – 3||1 – 3 days|
|Knee Sprains||1 – 5||8 – 15 days|
|Knee Hyperextensions||1 – 2||1 – 3 days|
|Rotator Cuff||1 – 5||3 – 10 days|
|Shoulder Sprain||1 – 3||1 – 5 days|
|Tennis Elbow||1 – 3||1 – 7 days|
|Tricep Pull||1 – 2||1 – 3 days|
* This chart only provides an estimate of treatment length for the particular injuries listed. Chronic injuries can sometimes lengthen the healing time of an injury. This chart is not based on the appropriate rehabilitation time needed following an injury. Due to the unique nature of the human body personal results may vary due to the specific nature of the case which will be discussed with you by the doctor.
To get back in action as quickly as possible, call 262-293-3790 and set up a sports evaluation.
For more information on the life changing methods Dr. Kramer uses, click on the video below.